Risotto with Autumn Truffles
Good quality risotto rice provides the perfect foil for the delicate notes of truffle that characterize this delicious dish.
350g | 12 oz Risotto rice (Canaroli or Vialone)
2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
One Medium shallot, finely chopped
100ml | small glass Dry white wine
1L | 35oz Chicken stock
120g | 4oz Parmesan cheese, grated
120g | 4oz Autumn Truffle butter
Few shavings Autumn truffles
2 drops Truffle oil
100g| 3 ½oz Fresh green peas
12 Small asparagus
Salt, little pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large thick bottomed pan and add shallots. Quickly sauté until shallot becomes transparent.
- Add the rice and cook over alow heat for a couple of minutes or until rice becomes translucent.
- Pour in the wine and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until wine has evaporated.
- Now add the chicken stock, a ladleful at a time, waiting for the rice to absorb stock before adding more. Continue in this way until rice is cooked al dente, approximately 20 minutes. Keep stirring the rice vigorously time to time to help it release its starch and make the risotto creamier.
- Add the green peas 5 min before the end of the cooking. Check seasoning, add the truffle oil (only 2 drops!), the truffle butter and Parmesan and stir well for 1 min.
- Leave risotto to sit for two minutes. Then serve the plates garnished with shavings of Autumn truffle and 2 asparagus.
- Best matched with a nice chardonnay, a pinot gris or an oak-aged Sancerre.